Do you get so worked up about the state of the Amsterdam housing market? Are you angry that you can’t find a room for a decent price? Would you like to take action? Then become a member of ARS: Action Room Shortages.
Action Room Shortages is a working group within ASVA that focuses on student housing in Amsterdam. Together with a couple of other volunteers and a member of the housing team, you’re the one who spots problems in the housing market, thinks about policies of educational institutions and the government, and helps think of solutions yourself. In addition, we organise protests and other actions to make our voices heard. You will support the housing team, which can do a lot with your input.
What do we expect from you?
- Interest in the housing market
- 4 hours per month for a meeting plus any to-dos.
- Presence at protests and other actions, although everything is of course flexible.
What do you get back?
- Experience and a nice mention on your CV.
- Free membership in ASVA (including all the benefits that come with it)
- A very cozy workplace and a nice team
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We particularly encourage people of colour and people from other marginalised groups to apply – even if you don’t feel you meet all the criteria precisely. It is important for us as an organisation to form a representative picture of studying Amsterdam. We acknowledge that this vacancy text is partly the result of our assumptions; although we try to rectify this, we recognise that this is not always possible.